Tuesday 6 September 2011

Upcoming Build

Been a bit since I've posted and I've got an exciting new project coming up: a custom build! I finally scraped together enough cash to afford the parts for my next project guitar. Since its my first build from scratch so I thought I would keep it simple and stick to a fixed bridge, with a "Black-Tusq XL Nut". Ive decided not to go crazy with the electronics (smaller cavity=more resonance) so the layout will be 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone and a 3-way switch. Humbuckers will probably be mounted direct to the body however I've ordered mounting rings just in case.
There will be plenty of pictures and hopefully video's to document every step of the project.
I have 6 months to complete the build so there is no rush and since I have ordered a neck from Stew-Mac I will have plenty of time to make changes or maybe even have a go at building a neck from scratch.

For now I'll have to wait around 3 weeks for my "Planet Waves Pedal Board Cable Kit" to arrive however the parts for the project should arrive in a couple of days (thanks to Stew-Mac's excellent service).
-Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment